Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Blargh!

Okay I took down the layout I was working on and put the old one back up because I've felt uninspired, I guess and don't want to work on a new one like I thought I did.

Lots of Second Life weddings going on so I've been filming my booty off - but I don't mind it. Like I've said - it keeps me from having to flip burgers. And regardless of what anyone says - even if it is a video game ... working in a video game is work just the same. Its hard to not let yourself get distracted by IMs or even random games on websites (or constantly reading blogs >.>) while you're working. I've just found that if I lay out a work schedule for myself that I tend to stick to it. It also helps if I get my ass around and put on normal clothes. Of course I have my days when I romp around in sweats - but even changing from my care bear pajamas to sweats is usually enough to kick me into gear ^^

Keith and I haven't gone on any outings - and that's because he was on night shift this week so we had to adjust our sleep schedules. I have a wedding to do this Saturday but we're going to market on Sunday to see what goodies we can find. I'm realllly hoping to make it to the beach before the middle of August - but you never can tell. And if not it isn't a big deal - there will be other times.

Not much has been going on socially. Keith gets along well with all the guys at work - which is a HUGE change from the redneck/frat boy mentality of all the guys at the last base. He's just not that kind of guy. At any rate - the guys he works with now - he fits in perfectly with them and thats great :D I'm glad to finally see him so happy to go to work instead of dreading it.

I'm still fighting with this friggin' phone. I don't know why I can't recieve calls .. so I'll have to call BT tomorrow to see if I've done something wrong in registering the handset to the hub (the phone works off a router of sorts) or maybe just get someone to come out and do it for me. Its quite frustrating!

Tonight I've decided that it was going to be random fun night in SL and that I'd hang with the homies and maybe film for the sake of laughing at it. No special tricks - no hard core editing ... just more of a memoir of humor I 'spose.

No comments: