Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ugh I know its been a few days ...

Keith and I drove around Norwich for like TWO hours the other day on our way to attempting to find the RSPCA so we could adopt a cat. Needless to say we never found it and were both just upright frustrated when we left. On a lighter note we liked the place so much after driving around that we took a trip back there Sunday to be tourists. We went to like 3 cathedrals (hey on Sunday churches are always free to go in) and had a good time of it. Even though neither of us are Catholic or even Christian for that matter - we still enjoy visiting cathedrals here in England. I mean c'mon they look awesome aaannndd you get to light candles (for a small fee but hey whatever FIREEEE) and a few cathedrals even have really relaxing cloisters. We went to the refectory in the Norwhich Cathedral and had coffee and tea before we walked back across town to the car park. Great fun was had by all. And it didn't even rain!

So I was really bummed about not getting a cat still. I actually moaped! My emo-ness kinda made Keith go "Awww poor shang". He checks the bulletin boards from work (because you can only check them from a government computer) and has found us two computer desks (both practically FREE), two tables for the lounge room aka living room and we splurged on a 42" plasma TV (even though we haven't bought a television liscense yet in order to watch anything). Even with all this new stuff in the house I was still bummed.

A day passed and Keith comes home super early from work. He rang the doorbell (as he usually does because I'm here so there's no need for him to take another set of keys) and as I open it his entire BDU top is covered with hair. I said 'Fuck's sake what happened to you?' and he just stood in the doorway with a big grin and said "Well .. her name is Libby and a Master Sargeant was about to board a plane for a new base and has been trying to find someone to take her." I poked my head around the corner but saw nothing and insisted he was just toying with me. He scurried off around to the car and brought out a cage which held ... a cat!

I squeed a bit as he brought the cage in the house and opened it in the hallway. A pretty white and grey cat hopped out and started rubbing on my leg. I jumped around a bit before giving him a big hug and thanking him of course. Oh and I kissed him too. Dur.

So my new buddy Libby was born July 4, 2005 - ex cat of a Master Sargeant. Born on the 4th of July (American Holidy - Independance Day) and her name is Libby which is short for Liberty. Could this NOT have been any more meant to be?! No, it couldn't (and don't you even TRY to argue!)

I've got lots of dental work ahead of me, apparently due to what I was told today at the dental clinic - and I'm not happy about that one bit. I won't go into detail cuz teeth stuff is just gross but the wisdom tooth I had caused a few cavaties on top of needing a good cleaning. So about once a week for the next 6 months I will be going to dental appointments. Rawr. :(

So far so good with everything, though. I'm trying to set up outings for Keith and I to take every weekend - this weekend I'm hoping to plan for a beach picnic or something along that line. We'll see though. I mean .. we aren't far from the ocean and the beaches so we should totally go. I really just hate that whole 'tourist' feeling. Keith is a TOTAL tourist. He stops and takes pictures of sooo many things and even though it embarasses the SHIT out of me I'm glad he does. We come home and we go through the camera and I'm like "Awww that's a good picture!" because I know full well that I wouldn't do that.

Oh and due to us getting lost in Norwich last week - Keith went out and bought a TomTom wich is a GPS thingy. Anyway - we can download maps and such to it and we won't get lost again! Our bikes and other crap all showed up Monday so I'm thinking we might take a bike ride through Thetford Forest - but not sure when yet. I don't really enjoy playing travel agent- but I do like getting out and doing things with my badass husband. And yes .. he is a badass.

Oh! Almost forgot! Here's a picture of Libby! She's a total sassy bitch. Seriously lol I love this cat!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's so cute! Aaah, I love her.
Heehee.