Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Weddings Weddings Everywhere

I've done a pant-load of weddings this month. Okay so Keith actually filmed and/or edited 80% of those - but if he's home and doing nothing why NOT have him do it? At any rate this is my 2nd wedding in two days and oddly I'm totally fine with it.

Lately with the wedding video scene folks have started picking songs I haven't heard - or just haven't already used in a wedding vid which seems to make the editing process go a lot more smoothly. When you have to hear a song you don't like over and over 40 million times it starts to eat at you.

We did a drow wedding this month which was awesome! Finally something totally different than the 'norm'! I only filmed the reception (cuz Keith had to go to work) but still! It was nice to see something different for a change.

Not sure if I've updated about it or not: But I'm renting a plot of land for about 6k a month and when I don't want it I don't have to worry about selling it or anything. Keith kinda didn't get it at first - but now he's cool with it. And its really upped business! Which was my overall goal anyway. Haha! I win!

Staying at home is really starting to wear on me. Even though I try to keep myself busy with videos, scheduling, cleaning, cooking what have you - I still feel really blah. I think its because I don't get any alone time. Yeah yeah I know - I'm home alone while Keith is at work - but that's the only time! I don't even go shopping alone which just the thought seems like a luxury. I love my husband so so much ... and he's so so great ... but there are times I'd like to go to the bookstore and browse books by myself. The two of us go out and do things almost every weekend (unless there's a video scheduled) and I love doing that ... but there are days I want some solitude I guess.

When I'm home alone - I'm still here. The only time I leave this house is when its with Keith. Hell he even takes me to my dentist appointments. I love spending time with him and all that - but like I said there are times I just want to go to the coffee shop and sit and have a cup or two while reading a book or something. I know I could easily do that at home while he's at work - but I think its because I associate home WITH work now. When I'm here and he's at work ... I'm at work too. I spend a lot of time in SL doing marketing and advertising work. I know he doesn't see it as work because for one: He's good at it and two he really likes it --- but for me I have to struggle to do even a fraction of the quality he does. So YES it is work! Anything that you have to really try to do and fret over I would consider work. Anything that you do that you're good at and can do with great ease is a hobby. Natural Selection Studios is a hobby for Keith - but its constant work for me.

Well the wedding I'm filming starts in about 15 minutes so I'd better cut this off. I'll update more later!

No comments: