Saturday, August 25, 2007

Serious Case of Neglect

So lately I've really been neglecting my blog - and I feel horrible about it. I hope no one hotlines me for it :( Since my computer died I've been left mourning it and this laptop as nice as it is and as convienent as it is really leaves one for wanting. I get like .5 FPS in Second Life - WoW runs slightly better ... but its really just a pain. While Keith is at work I use his beast of a machine - but when he's home I'm stuck with this contraption. It isn't comfortable to type on either, really. Geeze why am I whining? At least I have something, right?

Keith actually posted a rant on his blog that I totally agree with. Not to mention I've already flown off on a tangent or two about it on my own blog. I'm slowly SLOWLY learning to let things go - even if I do get a twinge of anger over it. I'll narrow my eyes and mumble "Damn. It." but no more random rants where I talk for like 5 minutes and say variations of the word 'fuck' 93849283 times.

Not sure if we're gonna take any kind of trip this weekend or not. I am about to put our London pics on Flickr for those that look at our pics, anyway. I know his family checks my blog and our flickr accounts often so we try to keep everything up to date. My family couldn't be arsed to open a URL to see what I'm up to - so I mostly keep track of everything for my own benefit and for a few friends back in my hometown.

I plan to start shooting a few videos probably next month - all fun and no profit. And y'know I don't care if some hack with Fraps used a song I wanted to use (Jelly knows who I'm talking about)... I'll still use it. Why am I like 'that'? "OMFG they used what I wanted to use ... and now everyone is going to compare A to B because they put theirs out first yet I had the idea I just never got around to it till now. NOW I can't use that song/theme!" Seriously I need to chill.

And I read somewhere that Anne Rice went all 'Born Again Christian' and I think that's the biggest slug to the chest. She wrote the most in depth novels that were both darkly romantic yet chilling ... and now she's "Writing for Jesus Christ". I'm hurt. I don't know what to say.

With that, friends - I will just leave you with a song of the day :) The song is: They Weren't There by Missy Higgins (I love this girl!)




Lyrics:

You breathed infinity into my world
And time was lost up in a cloud and in a whirl.
We dug a hole in the cool grey earth and lay there for the night.
Then you said, 'wait for me we'll fly the wind,
We'll grow old and you'll be stronger without him' but oh,
Now my world is at your feet. I was lost and I was found,
But I was alive and now I've drowned.
So now I will be waiting for the world to hear my song
So they can tell me I was wrong...

But they weren't there beneath your stare,
And they weren't stripped 'till they were bare of
Any bindings from the world outside that room.
And they weren't taken by the hand
And led through fields of naked land
Where any pre-conceived ideas were blown away...
So I couldn't say 'no'.

You sighed and I was lost in you, weeks could've past for all I knew.
You were there blanket of the over-world and so I couldn't say,
I wouldn't say 'no'. But they all said, 'you're too young to even know,
Just don't let it grow and you'll be stronger without him'
But oh, now, my world is at your feet. I was lost and I was found,
But I was alive and now I've drowned.
So now I will be waiting for the world to hear my song
So they can tell me I was wrong...

But they weren't there beneath your stare,
And they weren't stripped 'till they were bare
Of any bindings from the world outside that room.
And they weren't taken by the hand and led through fields
Of naked land where any pre-conceived ideas were blown away...

But they weren't there beneath your stare,
And they weren't stripped 'till they were bare
Of any bindings from the world outside that room.
And they weren't taken by the hand and led through fields
Of naked land where any pre-conceived ideas were blown away...
So I couldn't say 'no'.
I'm thinking of using it for an Anniversery type Video for Keith in like ... ohhhhh march? lol

No comments: