Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weekend Trip and other Things

So for the first time in a couple weeks Keith and I decided to take a weekend trip. We don't stay gone all weekend, but we take a full day and go do stuff. Saturday we spent the entire day in London just wandering aimlessly and stopping of anywhere for a pint. We didn't want to be tourists, but we did just want to be somewhere unfamiliar in order to just relax. Unfortunately it was a VERY nice day out so the tourists were in full force. Maybe I'm weird - but hearing so many languages at once gives me a headache :(

So the entire river front was crawling with tourists, and we did the tourist thing of taking a boat down the river and back. And it was really relaxing! Of course it was crowded with tourists taking pictures of every single thing possible and yelling things which I assumed to be "No turn that way! Can't you smile?!" etc.

I got myself a bit of a sunburn (I'm very fair skinned. I blame by Irish ginger-haired parents) which is a bit achy today. It was worth it though. It actually didn't rain in London! We of course took along an umbrella anyway - but we didn't need it! We took the tube from Redbridge to St Paul after it took us about fifteen minutes to find the damn car park there at Redbridge :( We found it, though!

We haven't yet taken the pictures off the digital camera, but I remembered that we both have Flikr accounts, and I have yet to really share our pictures from both Chicago and all over England. I've been in the process of putting together a DvD for my family to mail to them so they can see our pictures also, but with all the weddings I've been doing in SL I haven't really had the time to sit down and work on it. Soon though, I hope. I've only got 4 weddings to do this month so far so I'll find time in the next couple weeks I'd say.

So yeah I'm going to add both mine and Keith's Flikr Tikr (haha I'm clever) to the side over there somewhere ------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Song of the Day

Falling by Emmy Rossum (she reminds me of Imogen Heap which is GOOD!)

No comments: