Saturday, March 03, 2007

Well looks like there isn't going to be much going on this weekend in the ways of Keith and I hanging out other than maybe moving.

I'm not sure yet because he was off to talk to the apartment manager before he left for work - and he didn't come home for a break so I'm stuck clueless until at least Midnight (or later.)

I've packed up a total of 8 (or 9) boxes so there really isn't much left to do as far as packing goes. I haven't cleaned as I packed, though. I figured why let Keith completely off the hook, yanno? Not to mention there are all kinds of papers around here and I have no idea what's trash and what's not so I've been afraid to really do anything other than put things inside boxes.

You can really tell that its Friday night. Guys running up and down the hall yelling, girls cackling like banshees as they stumble up and down the stairs ... and its only 19:30! I mean seriously!

I like it though, really. All the sounds around here, that is. It reminds me that I'm alive. For so long I've lived in a form of isolation. Its the best way I can describe it. Even when I lived in my friend's basement there wasn't as much going on as there is here. On weekdays when things are 'quiet' as far as everything goes - there are still plenty of sounds. Every Wednesday at noon tornado sirens blare for a bit. Every couple hours you'll hear the roar of a jet overhead. Car alarms randomly start beeping and honking (usually at o'dark stupid on Saturday morning) and its all just fun for me to hear. I like sitting here on the bed reading and hearing someone walking by the door on the phone. Its a game for me, I guess. Since our room is by the stairs people usually stop to finish up their conversation right outside the door - so I try to guess who they are talking to before they walk down the stairs. Mom, Girlfriend, Dad, Brother etc.

Keith has been sleeping like crap lately - which in turn has been making me sleep like crap. I think he's stressed. We go on leave March 16th and we're heading up to Chicago to see his family and stuff -- and he hasn't told them about us getting married yet. Soooo I'm sure that's stressing him, on top of all the preparations and paper work we have yet to do in order to get my visa/passport for our move to the UK. I really don't mind all this sense of urgency and the hectic schedule. Its actually kinda fun. Even though my day-to-day routine is pretty mundane - his never is and I never know how his schedule is going to affect me.

So yeah we're possibly moving this weekend. I'm sure when we go on leave that I will take my laptop with me. I need to install the cam software so I can upload any pics we take and such.

No comments: