Monday, May 14, 2007

Ask and you shall receive

A few weeks ago I did a search for things that centered around coffee shops. I searched for java, cafe, coffee house, coffee shop and things of that nature and all my searches were fruitless. I am a huge coffee fan IRL and I'm always a lover of detailed builds. Well evidently those two things didn't go hand in hand.

The places I visited were coffee campers. They sat at low prim white tables with these mugs of coffee in silence. It wasn't so much the silence that bothered me. It wasn't even the one prim table with a blank texture and being surrounded by new residents! It was the fact that this was definitely not a coffee house. The best way I could describe it would be .... a roadside rest area near a trailer park.

Yesterday was a shopping day for me. I had a few hundred lindens stuck back for a rainy day and suddenly remembered how rare rain was in Second Life. Not only that I was just really bored. Shopping is the smoking of Second Life I swear. Think about it ... is it an addiction or a habit .. or both!? (insert dramatic music here)

The Block. Yes I do love this place. I don't only love it for its shops because let's face it they have the best designers all in one sim ... but I love the detailed builds. There is nothing in that sim that isn't well textured. Call me easily amused - but I could walk around that place for hours. I'm not a mall fan because its just too much in my face. Too many sprawled out non purportional avatars wearing the same corset and thigh highs in 98234987 colors ... its just too much.

I like to look at other things other than what I'm buying. I'm an ethereal person. I like to feel my surroundings while just looking at them - and maybe this is why I feel such a need to just 'chill' at times in Second Life. From now on all my chilling will be done at The Block.

When I arrived I walked around as per the usual and saw a few new shops preparing to go in .. cool I can dig that. I rounded the corner and saw a flag -was that .... was that a picture of a tiny coffee cup?! It was!

In my excitement I flew (yes FLEW) the rest of the way over and I just had to stand there at the door. A coffee house. A real, well built, well textured, excellently placed (even though empty) coffee house! Of course you know, I ran in.

I was so excited that I didn't know who to IM. Would anyone else even care that I suddenly satisfied my psyche with this discovery? Probably not - but I was just .. well .. relieved to find such a place. So I found the builder and send him an IM and just thanking him for the great build.

The coffee house which is named Caffeine - is my newest Easter Egg. Off in a back corner of the sim - I'm sure few really notice it. I've been moving myself from chair to chair - and the whole inside just has a nice flow to it. There are not 'weird' spots in the joint. You know how sometimes you sit down and there's nothing but wall in your camera view? I have yet to find a spot that does that.

I'm haven't really counted - but there are plenty of seats in this place for at least 15 people (if not more because as I said .. I didn't count) and its almost a shame to see it so empty. In a setting like this I could easily see myself mentoring a new resident because there's nothing hectic going on to make me feel like I have to rush. Once again appealing to my aesthetic personality.

And ya know what else? Not only is just the build itself nice to look at ... but they've also got cake. And who doesn't like cake?

1 comment:

HeatherFev21 said...

CAKE! We all love cake! I can't eat too much cake now :( Have some cake for me!

This blog reply was bought to you with the word CAKE entered manytimes.