Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Leavin' on a jet plane ..
My visa literally came about 12 hours ago - which I'm totally psyched about which means that I will be leaving with Keith tomorrow (thursday) for England. I'm about to wet myself I swear to you!

Everything is taken care of ... except the movers coming and boxing up our crap. We've decided to ship our computers UPS so that we don't have to wait 40+ days to get them back. Ugh we'd be bored after a bith I'd imagine.

Stick it in!
That sounds dirty, but it isn't. We bought a bunch of adapter plugs for our computers, chargers, etc but now I'm asking myself "Should we have gotten transformers instead?" The Radio Shack guy said that these plugs were all we needed - but the voltage is different. Most normal appliances are dual voltage meaning that they can run on either 50 or 60 .. and as long as you don't try to stick a 110 into a 220 you'll be alright ... but now I think its just a last minute freak out before we leave.

But then I sit and think ... if we do in fact need transformers .. we can always buy those once we're there. Yes I'm sure it won't be cheap but what can you do? As Keith always says "Stop freaking out .. I will take care of it." And ya know .. that's always true. No matter how much I thnk something is a big deal or how much I freak out - he always gets things straightened. <3
Until We Meet Again
So I'm guessing we will get things settled by June 1st. That gives us a good couple weeks. We may not be in a house by then - but we'll at least be in synch with the time change and whatnot. My laptop is going in my suitecase so I will be catching up with things ASAP. We only have like an hour layover at O'Hare before we fly non-stop to London .. so I highly doubt I'll go through all the trouble of taking out my laptop for such short use. Ya never know though .. I might get a blog itch.

Speaking of the blog itch I have to apologize for slacking recently - but I have just really been really busy with getting things done on top of stressing over that damned visa that I just haven't been able to blog a thing at all. I haven't done much of anything really .. but Keith brought me chocolate yesterday so as 'fat kiddish' as it is ... that made me feel better.

Its a Map, Sir
So people have asked "Orchid where in the UK will you be?" And I say "Mildenhall." Even though the UK is about the size of Texas everything is divided into counties so the villages and towns aren't well known but the counties are all part of saying where you live. And? If you talk to a rental agent you have to tell them the county you'd like to live in .. not necessarily the town as there's lots of rual area. So? Where will I be living? I'll tell you!

RAF Mildenhall, Bury St Edmonds, Suffolk and that isn't three different locations. Its kinda like saying the city, county, and state .. except there aren't 'states' in the UK. Bah anyway I could spend forever explaining it but I'm sure most get the picture. Speaking of picture .. I made a little arrow of where I'll be for those that don't know anything about the UK so they can kinda connect the dots and whatnot I guess? Its my way of staying close, I guess. I know where all my family and friends are .. but they don't know where I am at all besides "England" so ...



We leave tomorrow and dunno when things will be settled so wish us luck! <3

No comments: