Sunday, April 08, 2007

Home again
Keith and I finally made our rounds and we're back at home. Not for long though. His port date is May 18th which is when we'll be heading to the UK. So just when we think we have a moment to breathe we have to suck it up and hit the road again.

I really missed home while we were away. I missed the jets most though. Yeah we were in a suburb of Chicago for a few weeks - so there were plenty of jets from O'Hare ... but commercial civillian jets just aren't the same! They're so ... mundane. There's no fun screaming jets that had older versions in movies *cough*TopGun*cough* and stuff. Its just fun to me! I can't help it!

Our Trip
So we were in Chicago from March 16th-April 1st. I met his family and for the most part everyone was very accepting. Of course his parents were shocked to hell at how forward I was .. but everything went fine. Although Keith and his brother had a bit too much to drink ... and his brother said "I can see it in her eyes. She's after your money."

Can anyone help me out here? I really don't understand how that's even possible. He's an E-3 ... so he's only two steps away from being the FURTHEST thing from even moderately comfortable. However, I am no stranger to having to cut corners to cut expenses ... so this is nothing to me. I think he got attraction confused with golddigging seeing has I'm sure his wife never looks at him that way. I can't help it that Keith got all the looks and his brother didn't. I just got lucky that way!

All in all I just want to send a big PISS OFF to Miles and Jen. And its just a coinsidence that we have the same name, don't flatter yourself by saying that Keith went to find a clone of you. Oh and lest we forget - I am almost 3 years older than you which would make YOU the clone, dear. Please get over yourself. Kthnx.

All in all - His parents are dolls. His mother is a bit naive .. but still that's totally understandable. My grandmother is the same way. But his brother, sister in law etc ... Next time I won't play the whole 'grin and bear it' role. I'll start putting pegs in their places. Yanno what I'm sayin'?

My Family

My family wasn't as rough. The only 'questionable' thing that was said was my mother said "Whoa he looks like a kid" right after we got there. But that's not a big deal. At least she didn't say "You're just using my daughter for her spirituality and her carefree attitude!" Cuz as we all know that's about my only assets (teehee)

I was upset though that my mom couldn't be asked to get up and give me a hug when I was leaving ... she just sat on the couch and pointed me in the direction of where some 'leftover' items were and said "Have fun. See ya". And I said "Yeah in like 3 years ..." and I just walked out.

Why do I bother? Why do I always get my hopes up thinking that I'll get some kind of emotion out of her? I always think that maybe she'll show some proof of being human .. but it never happens. Most parents would give their kid a huge hug and at least say "I love you" or something .. but not my mom. And after seeing how Keith's parents reacted to his leaving ... it really made me envious but at the same time I'm glad my parents aren't THAT involved otherwise I'd feel smothered. I dunno.

Song of the Day!
I was sitting here browsing imeem and found a song that I used to listen to a lot in highschool. I was the angry type chick with messy hair ... anyway this song really fits my closing and my overall mood right now.

Mother Mother by Tracy Bonham (she's a great musician so if you haven't heard anything of hers don't let this one song form your opinion!)



Mother mother how's the family?
I'm just calling to say hello.
How's the weather? how's my father?
Am I lonely? heavens no.
Mother mother are ya listening? just a phone call to ease your mind.
Life is perfect, never better, distance making the heart grow fond.

When you sent me off to see the world,
were you scared that I might get hurt?
Would I try a little tobacco,
would I keep on hiking up my skirt?

I'm hungry,
I'm dirty,
I'm losing my mind...
Everything's fine!

I'm freezing,
I'm Starving,
I'm Bleeding death...
Everything's fine!

Yeah, I'm working, making money, I'm just starting to build a name.
I can feel it, around the corner, I could make it any day.
Mother mother can you hear me, sure I'm sober, sure I'm sane.
Life is perfect, never better, still your daughter, still the same.

If I tell you what you want to hear,
will it help you to sleep well at night?
Are you sure that I'm your perfect dear,
now just cuddle up and sleep tight.

I'm hungry,
I'm dirty,
I'm losing my mind...
Everything's fine!

I'm freezing,
I'm starving,
I'm bleeding to death...
Everything's fine!

I miss you,
I love you.

No comments: