Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Hurray I made it!

Actually I made it the 24th, but I only now sat down to blog anything. Needless to say it was an adventure. Remember how I was kinda scared of Kansas City? Well for good reason! One whole half of the bus terminal was all homeless folks in sleeping bags - and I got robbed. It was only a coat - but still! I had laid my coat across my suitcase and pulled my ticket out of my purse to give to the person at the door. I thought "Weird I thought I sat my coat here." I checked the ground/floor and whatnot and didn't see it so I thought "Oh well maybe I put it in my suitcase since it isn't so cold." WRONG! I'm glad there wasn't anything IN my coat.

I never thought I would be so happy to see huge city buildings piercing through the horizon as I was Sunday. I literally felt lost every time I looked out the window. I was somewhere of course, but where was it?! Everything looked the same. I realized I had hit Oklahoma once I noticed all the dirt was red. WTF is with red dirt? Different minerals or something? I'm going to have to look it up.

Oh and there are these little ... bobbing thingies out in fields too. I guess they're oil derricks? I don't know - and if they are then they are a miniature form. I'll have to take pictures or something.

Keith and I both woke up at o'dark stupid Christmas morning (just like little kids) and opened presents. OMFG I got the most awesome presents EVER! Keith and I have an ongoing joke about how I"m going to grow up and be a crazy lady with 50 million cats ... well he found a Crazy Cat Lady action figure. Oh man I almost pissed myself laughing. So hilarious. He also somehow found me a copy of Anne Rice's trilogy of Vampire Chronicles, The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned -- all in ONE book. That stuff isn't even in print anymore! Man he's good. OH OH! He got me an antfarm too! I never had an ant farm as a kid - and he got me one! ROFL. He made my presents look lame though - but he said he liked 'em so it works for me :) Keith also got us a coffee maker which is awesome! I still have to buy his suitmate a present for when he comes back from leave.

So yeah .. I guess that's it. We'll start work on the CF University film on Jan 6th - and all updates pertaining to 'business' will be kept up to date by moi via our 'work' site http://naturalselectionstudios.com/

No comments: