Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My Weekend and Other Stuff

Keith and I went to Cambridge last weekend. I took him to Mill Road which is where Tree and I hang out when she and I get together. I even took him to the awesome cafe (The Black Cat Cafe) that Tree introduced me to. They simply have the BEST cafe latte I've ever had. He wasn't too impressed. He was more impressed with the fact that I knew my way around and got us FREE parking. Huzzah!

So we walked the 10 or so blocks to downtown where we found a store to buy some sheesha (flavored hookah tobacco) and even a new bowl! We came across a Chinese market where we stopped in to buy some Koalas (its candy) and some sugar coated fish jerky that we haven't eaten yet. We will get around to it though, and I'll post how bad or good it is. It just sounded odd so we bought it.

I updated my flickr account with some of the pictures we snapped. By the time we had walked around downtown for about a half hour my back was killing me. I really think its the shoes. Anyway, we went down to the market and looked at random things, and I even got a neato multicolored velvety top that I simply HAVE to find something to wear with.

I got a job, but am waiting for HRO (Human Resource Office) to call me back to set up an appointment for me to go in and fill in all the necessary paperwork for me to start working. So yay. Is it sad that I've already made a mental list of things I plan to buy with my paycheck? I've also decided that once I start work I will also start working out since Keith and I will be getting off work around the same time. This way it just feels like less hassle. He doesn't have to drive the 15 mins to come home and get me for us to drive the 15 mins back to the base to work out for an hour .. then drive back home.

A week ago I did my first real painting in years, and have already started on another. It isn't leet awesum or anything, but I'm still proud of it because its mine. I'll have to buy new supplies soon though. I have a nice sized canvas, but I need to either FIND a wood frame to staple it to, or just buy new canvases. New paint wouldn't hurt either. So here it is, my painting!




My bright pink hair has faded to a dirty pink - so I'm trying to decide if I want to dye it some other awesome color, or if I want to go back to normal. I really like having wild colored hair. It makes me feel more energetic, and just overall happy. I am definately not cutting my hair again, and am growing it back out to its once wonderous glory. I miss having long hair. I'm still trying to talk Keith into allowing dreds, but so far no dice.

No comments: