Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Running Behind

I really meant to do a 'How My Birthday Went' post .. but I am just swamped.

Keith and I had dinner at my favourite pub, I had a couple pints and a glass of wine. We finished watching Austrailia v England rugby match (England won!) before we head to the Commissary. He wouldn't let me get out of the car .. so I waited. He came back out with a cake he had ordered earlier in the week along with some cake spray paint, sugary decor that you just lay on the icing (it was Barbie stuff) and some sprinkles.

He then complained of how hard it is to buy things since we are always together. Yah I know, remember? Your birthday was in July and I had to make up a dentist appointment just so I could get the car for a day! Anyway ... we didn't really "do" anything for my birthday other than hang out at the pub for a few hours which is fine by me because as I said its my FAVOURITE pub!

This weekend is the UK Machinima Festival. We got an e-mail a couple days ago which is like a programme more or less - but it doesn't say "your video is being shown on THIS day at THIS time". That's what I had really wanted to know. The even is ALL weekend and I really don't want to have to try to find some form of lodging just so we can be there BOTH days. Its just frustrating is all.

I've been working on our lecture material .. which I still have to get everything put onto the laptop and all that in order to be ready for the lecture at Solent University on the 26th. When I say busy I mean BUSY! I don't really mind it though, I mean, its better than having nothing to do at all.

The downside is that lately I've been slacking on normal things. The house isn't as clean as it should be .. I spend so much time in e-mails that I forget to lay something out for dinner .. things like that. I know Keith doesn't mind eating pizza every night .. but it doesn't keep me from feeling guilty about it some days.

I've got a big rant coming up too. I won't make it a Mean Girls post because its just business related and even though it does have to do with Second Life I'm not sure that it belongs on MGG2SL. We'll see though. I mean, I could always double-post.

Lots and lots of Halo 3 multiplayer lately. I really sucked at first because I haven't picked up an XBox controller for the better part of 5 years .. but I've gotten better. And as sad as this sounds ... I really find enjoyment in busting up a few 12 year old boys' cussing coversations with "Haha you just got your face PWND by a chick, bitches!!!!!" I know. I'm immature.

No comments: