Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Not a whole lot to say right now - but since it has been a couple days since I last blogged I thought I'd try to update with something of sustinance.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the previous post (man I should really read my blog -before- I blog) but Keith and I are getting married on March 20th. He got a sponsor - so that means we're one step closer to being guaranteed in moving station. And it looks like its going to be the UK at Mildenhall (I think I spelled that wrong.)

The upside is - I contacted a few online friends and learned that I do have one that lives nearby! This means that Keith and I won't be clueless 'tourists' in a foreign country. Her only stipulation was that we had to get her root beer from the BX. And to this stipulation, of course I agreed.

Lately I've been making the coffee a little stronger (American coffee is always so weak compared to what's drank in Europe) on top of throwing in a few slang words (what little European slang I -do- know is probably out dated) to prepare Keith a little. He gets all giggly and says "I want an English accent." Its been fun for me to kind of teach him what I know. I did tell him that if he were going to emulate a cockney accent to absolutely NOT try to mimic Dick van Dyke from Mary Poppins. Ugh that was retched. I can't believe the director thought he sounded authentic!

That's more or less our current news. We both have a lot on our plate - and a lot to finish in the next couple weeks before we move to a new place on base. And I have to help him scrub this place down too LOL Wee happy fun time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH YAY! UK!

If you're ever around Northampton, look me up :P